Sunday, January 24, 2016

A Snowy Night

A small zappai set based on a simple dog walk on tonight's snowy evening.
-----------------
Bit by bit, snow falls
greeting my lovely city
smiling at us two.

Breath is visible.
Painful cold is minimal.
I'm irritable.

Playing in the snow
is a faint memory. Now,
an outing is work.

A dog owner's task.
Walking in the snow is both
a gift and a curse.

Nearby piles of snow
marked now with streaks of yellow
signal- deed is done.

On snow-filled sidewalks,
my dog walked around and limped
from the man-made salt.

I called out, "Yusep!"
On one knee, I grabbed his paw
and wiped the salt off.

With a sudden spring,
my furry dog dashed away
like childlike I would.

I chased my grey dog
around a deserted block.
Man and best friend's race.

We dashed home for warmth
and dryness carrying a
faint scent of wet dog.

We panted. I laughed.
Falling snow continued to smile
proud of her magic.

Snow now takes pride in
snapshots of joy she made for
the once bitter I.
-----------------

No comments:

Post a Comment